A successful executive and entrepreneur, veteran coach and consultant, and accomplished speaker, April Goyer delivers executive coaching and consulting that get results. April specializes in working with leaders to develop the skills, strategy, and savvy needed to dramatically increase their sphere of influence and their business achievements.
Extensive Real World Experience
April Goyer began her corporate career in medical sales and marketing, working for Johnson & Johnson, where she specialized in critical care products. By her thirties, she was a Senior Vice President for Huntington National Bank, a $54 billion regional bank holding company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. She had full strategic planning and operating management responsibility for bankcard sales, marketing, customer service, product development, and operational support. April left her rewarding corporate career because she was ready to create her own coaching and consulting business.
April graduated from The Ohio State University and the Coaches Training Institute. She is also a trained facilitator through the Institute of Cultural Affairs, a trained focus group moderator through Burke Institute, a Master Sales Trainer through InfoWorks International, and a licensee for Business Growth Solutions.
Proven Difference Maker
April learned very quickly in her professional career that leadership presence, speaking well, being able to talk numbers, and delivering a strong ROI were vitally important to credibility, influence, and staying power. As a result of developing these skills, she won support for numerous major initiatives including:
- Built a multi-state sales division from scratch.
- Pioneered one of the bank’s most complex strategic partnerships with worldwide transaction processor, First Data Corporation.
- Re-engineered Huntington National Bank (as part of an elite team of managers).
- Led a bank-wide Commercial Sales and Sales Management Training initiative.
- Selected to be a graduate of Leadership Columbus, a signature program that empowers leaders to impact the future.
A Results Oriented Approach
While in her corporate career, April envisioned ways of helping other leaders develop their leadership capacity on the job, while driving business results. Now, as an executive coach and consultant, she partners with senior managers to enable them to access the right skills for facing dilemmas and leveraging opportunities. Because much of the learning is in the moment, impressions are indelible and skills are mastered. Four fundamental skills that leaders consistently hone when they work with April are:
- Powerfully communicating vision, opportunities, and challenges with all key audiences.
- Building commitment that yields outstanding team performance.
- Taking calculated risks that produce results and accelerate development of the leader.
- Cutting through competing agendas and demands to keep the big picture clearly in sight.
If you would like more information, click here to register for a Complimentary Consultation. This is a preliminary telephone discussion conducted in the convenience of your own office or home. During the 45-minute session, we will talk about what you want to accomplish in your company, organization, or event and how my services can help you do that. I will also answer any questions that you have.